June 21, 2017
Happipad (also referred to as “we”, “us” or “our”) operates an online platform consisting of a website and mobile applications that allows users to connect and form rental agreements. Users may interact online, through the website or mobile applications. Personal information is exchanged when using the platform to validate a user and enable rental agreements to be formed.
Platform – Refers to the Happipad website, mobile applications, and any services accessed from or embedded within the website or mobile applications including Third-Party services.
Third Parties – Companies or persons not owned or controlled by Happipad, this can include both financial and non-financial companies
Personal Information – Information about an identifiable individual which may include sensitive information relating to the identity, opinions, background, or other information that could be used to describe or identify the individual.
1. What personal information do we collect?
A) Information you give us
- Any profile information entered by you
- Personal identification, to validate your identity
- Information received by linking your account to a Third-Party, such as Facebook.
- Any form data on our platform, such as authentication reports, listings, offers
- Information within your renters’ resume
- Communication with Happipad or other users within our framework
- Any content you voluntarily upload to any part of the platform
B) Information we collect from your use of our Platform
We collect, process, and store information, which may include personal information, when you access or use our services, website, or mobile applications.
We may receive, store and process information obtained through your use and interaction with our Platform, which is information that is automatically recorded by our servers whenever you access or use the Platform, such as your IP Address, the date and time you access or use the Platform, the hardware and software you are using, referring, exit pages and URLs, the number of clicks, device event information, pages viewed and the order of those pages, and the amount of time spent on particular pages.
We may receive, store and process information about your location, both physical and virtual, such as IP address and GPS positioning. If you access the Platform through a mobile device and you do not want your device to provide us with location-tracking information, you can disable the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your device, provided your device allows you to do this. See your device manufacturer’s instructions for further details.
You are required to provide us with your contact information, such as your email address, phone number, and emergency contact. You agree to receive emails to that email address, and text messages to that phone number. We may use your contact information to send you information about your account and activity, details about our services, to market to you, and to help prevent spam, fraud, or abuse.
Cookies and other Tracking Technologies
While you may disable the usage of cookies through your browser settings, we do not change our practices in response to a “Do Not Track” signal in the HTTP header from your browser or mobile application. We may track your activities if you click on advertisements for Happipad services on Third-Party platforms such as search engines and social networks, and may use analytics to track what you do in response to those advertisements.
We may, either directly or indirectly through a Third Party, track your behavior on our own Platform for purposes of our own customer support, analytics, research, product development, fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, and for your ability to use and pay for provided services. We may also, either directly or through Third-Parties we engage to provide services to us, track your behavior on our own Platform to market and advertise our services to you on the Platform and Third-Party websites. If you disable cookies, you may lose some of the features and functionality of using our Platform and services as cookies are necessary to track and enhance your use and access.
Third Parties may not collect information about users’ online activities on the Platform except as described in this policy.
Third-Party Social Plugins
Our Platform may use social plugins which are provided and operated by Third-Parties.
As a result of this, you may send to the Third-Party the information that you are viewing on a certain part of our Platform. If you are not logged into your account with the Third-Party, then the Third Party may not know your identity. If you are logged into your account with the Third Party, then the Third Party may be able to link information about your visit to our Platform to your account with them. Similarly, your interactions with the social plugin may be recorded by the Third Party.
2. For what purposes do we collect personal information?
Personal information is important to verify the identity of a user and to provide adequate information to other parties to make informed decisions before forming and signing a rental contract. Your personal information is used to identify credible users and to help prevent fraudulent accounts.
Your personal information is required for:
- creating a user profile and using the Platform, this includes verifying your identity to prevent fake or fraudulent accounts.
- communicating with other users either through offer submission, questions, showing confirmations, or other forms of data exchange between users
- operation, protection, and improvement of our Platform, including analytics, user experience, research, statistics, and customer service
- create a safe and trusted environment on the Platform, such as detection and prevention of fraud, impersonation, scams, illegal activities, address verification of listings, verification of identification, checks against information sources and databases, risk assessment, and prevention of harm to users and property
- sending you notifications and providing support for updates, changes, administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, security alerts, payment updates, and information requested by you
- to send promotional messages, advertising, marketing, or other information that may be of interest to you from us or our partners. You may opt-out from receiving these messages within your profile.
- offer rewards, incentives, referral programs, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities for Happipad or our Third-Party business partners
- compliance with legal obligations, dispute resolutions between us and any of our users, and to enforce and comply with agreements between us and our Third-Party business partners.
- user identification, users are required to upload a copy of government issued photo ID such as drivers license or passport. This is required for fraud prevention and may be kept on file for investigation by police or government if requested. A significant responsibility is held by users when viewing prospective tenant’s applications which may contain sensitive personal information. Only users who can provide verified identification will be allowed to use the services. This information may be held securely on file only for the purpose of investigation if the user is involved in a fraudulent transaction or service while using the Platform.
3. Do we only collect personal information that we really need for our purposes?
All information collected is to improve users experience and to create an online community of trust. The extent of personal information you choose to share is up to you. All information collected for authentication purposes is required by our Third-Party business partners to accurately authenticate you. Happipad does not collect information that is not required to provide a high level of service and user experience.
4. How do we collect personal information and what do we tell individuals the purpose for collection is?
Personal information is collected through form field data which you enter when creating your account and using our platform. Personal information is also received from our Third-Party business partners when you order any credit or screening report, validate your credentials, connect with social media, or other Third-Party companies. Users personal information may be shared with police, government agency, or authorized Third-Party if an investigation or audit is requested.
5. What do we use personal information for and are those uses reasonable and appropriate? Do these uses match what we tell individuals?
Personal information is collected to verify the identity of users, to better understand our users for statistical purposes, and to increase transparency and trust between users. Collection and sharing of your information is important to ensure users know who other users are before entering into a rental agreement. The sharing of information helps create a community of authenticated and trustful users. Your information is also used to prevent fraud, impersonation, misrepresentation, and to ensure accountability and good faith of all users.
6. How do we obtain consent for collecting, using and disclosing personal information?
7. How do we ensure that the personal information is correct, complete and current?
Personal information submitted for account validation or screening reports may be compared against Third-Party databases, which is handled by Stripe. Fake or invalid identification and information may result in your account being suspended or denied. It is your responsibility to ensure personal information within your profile or resume is accurate and current, we do not monitor personal information within a user’s profile and renters resume for accuracy.
8. Where do we keep personal information and how is it secured?
Personal Information is secured on our servers following the latest industry standards for data security with both physical and virtual protections in place. Information gathered for user verification during account creation is not stored on our servers, this information is sent to Stripe, a third-party company who handles the information and authentication process. We recognize our legal and professional obligations to ensure your personal information is secure against unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, or destruction.
9. Who, within our organization, has access to or uses the personal information, and for what purposes? Are we limiting access on a need-to-know basis?
Your personal information is only available to internal personal at Happipad who have completed our security screening and training. Your personal information may be made available to police, government, or authorized Third-Party business parties when a permit is held to do so.
10. Who is personal information disclosed to outside of Happipad and why?
Your personal information is only shared to users who you apply to rent from or that you share correspondence with, and Third-Party companies when you order a report or other service which requires your personal information. Users you apply to rent from are denied access to your personal information when it is no longer valid to do so, such as after you have secured a property rental from another user, or if you remove your offer.
Your personal information is used to provide landlords with information to better select a tenant for their property. Your personal information is made available to users to create trustful relationships and to differentiate real users from fraudulent users.
11. How long do we retain the personal information? When is it disposed of and how? Is it disposed of securely?
Personal information on your profile, dashboard, or renters resume will remain available as long as your account is active. Screening or credit reports will remain on your profile until you remove the report, or it expires, whichever occurs first. User submitted reviews, questions, and similar materials will remain on the server along with your name even if your account is removed or suspended. Any information which is removed will be removed permanently and will no longer be available online.
12. How do I make corrections to personal information
It is your responsibility to ensure all information provided within your account is true and current. If any personal information must be changed, you must log-in to your account and update the information. Any information submitted to any Third-Party through our service, such as screening reports, cannot be changed once submitted and a new request must be submitted with the updated information.
13. Inquiries or questions about your personal information?
Individuals are to submit written requests to us if they wish to see a copy of their personal information that exists within our Platform. Requests will be processed within 30 days after being received. Requests or questions are to be submitted to our privacy department by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.