Skip to main content
Skip to footer
- Bedroom is clean and personal items removed from closets.
- Linens and towels are clean and available for renter (if provided)
- Spare key and any access codes needed are given to renter
- Space allocated in kitchen cupboards, fridge and freezer for renter’s food
- Emergency contact information is written in a central location
- Contact information is exchanged and a preferred method of communication is given (call, text etc.)
- Introduce any pets that live in the home and any guidelines for care and handling
- House rules and expectations explained to renter upon move in.
- Renter confirms they understand the rules
- Establish cleaning and laundry schedules/routines
- Dietary restrictions and allergies explained to everyone in the home
- Give a tour of the home and where cleaning supplies/kitchenware is located, how to use appliances, and any special cleaning or organizational requirements
- Complete move-in inspection with renter and document any damages
- Compare schedules and develop plans to work around shared use of kitchen, bathrooms and other spaces